Original Entry Deadline: April 30, 2012
Extended Entry Deadline: May 30, 2012
After April 30th, the submission fee will raise from $35 to $40.
Juror: Ingrid Schaffner: Senior Curator, Institute of Contemporary Art, Philadelphia, PA
Ingrid Schaffner joined the ICA in 2000 as Senior Curator. Her past exhibitions at ICA include Anne Tyng: “Inhabiting Geometry” in 2011 with consulting curators Srdjan Jovanovic Weiss and William Whitaker, Maira Kalman: “Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World)” in 2010, “Dirt On Delight: Impulses That Form Clay” in 2009 with curator Jenelle Porter, which won the award for "Best Show in a University Gallery" from the United States section of the International Art Critics Association; Douglas Blau in fall 2009, “The Puppet Show” in 2008 with curator Carin Kuoni, Karen Kilimnik in spring 2007, and Barry Le Va, “Accumulated Vision” in 2005.
She has written extensively on 20th-century art and curatorial practice with numerous catalogue publications, reviews, and features. Her publications include "Wall Labels" in Questions of Practice: What Makes a Great Exhibition? (Philadelphia Exhibitions Initiative/Reaktion Books, 2007); Salvador Dali's Dream of Venus: The Surrealist Funhouse from the 1939 World's Fair (Princeton Architectural Press, 2002); Deep Storage: Collecting, Storing, and Archiving in Art (Prestel, 1998); and Julian Levy: Portrait of an Art Gallery (MIT, 1998).
She has taught art history seminars at the University of Pennsylvania on Andy Warhol (2008) and Post-minimalism (2005), and is the consulting curator to a monographic survey of Richard Artschwager organized by the Yale University Art Gallery. Schaffner earned a BA from Mount Holyoke College, an MA from New York University, Institute of Fine Arts, and was a fellow in the Whitney Museum of American Art's Independent Study Program.
- All women artists, including self-identified women, may submit original works of art.
- Painting in any medium, photography, prints, drawing, works on paper, new media, sculpture, mixed media, traditional or non-traditional materials are welcome. **
- There is no size limit on artwork.
**Please note that installations will only be accepted if they have been completed. NO PROPOSALS for installations will be accepted.**
- $40.00 entry fee for 3 images OR a video submission
- Additional Images are $5.00 each. (Up to three extra images allowed - six image limit).
- Please DO NOT call the gallery for information about your application status.
FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS ONLY:
- We will ONLY accept video submissions as a URL on YouTube.
- Submit your URL in the field provided in the online application.
- The video you upload to YouTube may contain one piece or excerpts of up to 3 pieces.
- We will only watch the first 3 minutes of the video linked to your URL. Please take this into consideration.
- Please make sure that you enter your URL correctly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE