A.I.R. CALL FOR RESIDENTS
May 1, 2017 at 11:59pm
Application fee is $25
A.I.R. Gallery welcomes applications to its inaugural Summer Residency, located on Governors Island, New York. Surrounded by peers and with the support of A.I.R. Gallery staff and artists, this eight-week residency offers an opportunity for artists aligned with A.I.R.’s mission, working in all disciplines, to advance their work in an immersive studio environment.
The environment of the Island, that gives a respite from the city as well as the multiple programs that take place at A.I.R. will serve as a platform from which every artist will be able to construct their own experience during the Summer Residency.
This is an opportunity for self-directed inquiry that will culminate in an exhibition or event on the Island and lifelong support from the A.I.R. network.
The first round of residencies will be held from June 5 - August 6, 2017, and will include a closing group exhibition. The second round of residencies will be held from August 7 - September 24, 2017.
- Be available for the duration of the residency program
- Be available to give an artist talk on a day that will be assigned by A.I.R.
- Be available for the install, deinstall, and reception of the resident's show (Note: this is for eight-week residents only)
- Be available for the open studios weekend
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Provide 5 images of work made within the last year
- Provide a Curriculum Vitae
- 500-word letter of intent and project proposal for the residency
- Provide 2 references
- Apply here by May 1, 2017 at 11:59pm.
*A.I.R. offers free studio space and curatorial support for the duration of the residency. Accepted residents are responsible for housing and production expenses.